Our Culture and Values
We’re dedicated to our people because our collective success is based on their innovation, ingenuity, and commitment to safety, and quality, for every product we bring to our customers.
At Leviton, we embrace diversity and believe in building a workplace where every person is empowered to make a difference. We understand that when we build an environment filled with different voices and perspectives, we’ll continually push growth forward. By creating an inclusive culture, we not only empower representation, but also continue to build strong teams that celebrate their differences.
Our History of Innovation and Ingenuity
After immigrating from Russia to the United States, Isidor Leviton opened a small tinsmithing business in 1906, where he produced mantle tips used for gas lighting. With the rise of Edison’s light bulb, Leviton shifted to manufacture a single electrical product: the pull-chain lamp holder.
From that one electrical device, Leviton has paved the way for generations of people around the world to live and work with greater ease and security.
NEW STANDARD OF LIVING AND WORKING
• Leviton supplied the switches, outlets, light sockets and other electrical parts for them, helping families and businesses redefine a modern standard of living and working for the 20th century.
• Offered more than 550 different electrical devices in our product catalog.
• Outgrew our facilities in Manhattan’s Bowery, relocating to larger quarters in Greenpoint, Brooklyn.
• Began acquiring other businesses to add a pool of skilled employees to our workforce and increase our production capacity.
AMERICAN INNOVATION ON THE WORLD’S STAGE
• Acquired American Insulated Wire Company, adding wire, cable and cord products to our offering.
• Two prestigious New York area landmarks showcased our products: the 102-story Empire State Building and the World’s Fair site in Flushing Meadows Park.
• Manufactured parts for machinery used to win World War II.
• Helped produce the bead-chain used in American GI’s ID tags.
LAUNCHING TECHNOLOGY FOR THE SPACE AGE
• Purchased the Deal Electric Company and three years later, Hale Brothers, which we renamed Leviton Canada.
• Expanded our OEM offering to include fluorescent lighting products.
• Brought this new technology to the market through our GFCI and dimmer products.
HIGH-SPEED EXPANSION FOR A CONNECTED WORLD
• Product offering expanded significantly, and our growth necessitated our relocation to a larger facility in Little Neck, New York.
• Our Decora® designer devices had become a household name for rocker style switches and outlets, establishing a new industry benchmark for design and performance.
• Introduced safer, more reliable ways to stay connected through our line of surge protective devices.
• Brought high-speed communications to commercial data centers with our telephony voice and data line.
• Launched our home automation business with the introduction of our Decora Home Controls® product offering.
ADVANCING AND ENHANCING INTELLIGENT ENVIRONMENTS
• Forged inroads into the commercial lighting systems market.
• Acquired Macro Electronics Corporation and NSI Corporation fueled the expansion of our business into the architectural and theatrical lighting systems markets.
• Introduced our residential networking products in 2000, known today as Leviton Connected Home products.
• Purchased Fiber Connect to add to our strength in the commercial data center space.
• Purchased ControlThink and expanded our capabilities in PC-, CE- and mobile phone-based solutions for intelligent home control.
• Enhanced our product features and compatibility with key players such as Apple, Samsung, LG and Amazon.
• Expanded our lighting divisions, welcoming JCC, Contech, Intense and Birchwood to our Leviton family.
DIVERSE SOLUTIONS TO MEET RAPIDLY CHANGING NEEDS
• Product developments such as Decora Smart™, Wi-Fi and Apple HomeKit product lines, Decora® Digital Controls, the industry’s first SmartlockPro® Dual Function AFCI/GFCI outlet and the Atlas X-1 Category 8 Cabling System.
• Coupled with recent acquisitions, we are poised for even greater success as we deliver smarter, safer, more reliable products to a rapidly changing world.
My favorite part about working with the Product Management team in C&I is the variety of experience levels across our team. We have Project Managers with 15+ years of experience who I can depend on for advice and guidance. We also have team members who are still early in their careers who I can work with as peers and friends.
Associate Product Manager
I work as a project manager for the Commercial & Industrial business unit at Leviton. I’m someone who is naturally curious and outspoken, and I enjoy learning and teaching. Leviton provides an environment where my ideas are heard and valued. My favorite part about working here is that I have the right resources and leadership to perform my job well. Management prioritizes our work and understands bandwidth, which means my time and work-life balance are respected. I also like that there is rarely uncomfortable silence at Leviton, everyone is comfortable opening up and sharing ideas.
My favorite part of the team is the camaraderie. The team is very welcoming, and they make me feel comfortable. Everyone uses their specialties to help perfect all aspects of a project, so it is successful.
Search through our database of all open positions at Leviton.Search Job Opportunities