in Sparks, NV - US
This position is responsible for performing various warehouse related activities as they are assigned, within the standards and quality guidelines established, throughout the distribution environment. The position also requires availability for cross training opportunities both internal and external to department assignment. The WAREHOUSE PERSON - I position is accountable for ensuring that all workplace activities are in line with company goals.
Immediate openings 2nd shift (2:00PM-10:30PM), with wages starting at $13.25 per hour and progressive pay raises.
- Once individual training period has been completed, the WAREHOUSE PERSON - I must achieve all assigned daily production requirements, quantities, quality and turn demand.
- Maintain adherence to all policies, processes and procedures daily.
- Transport product to and from different areas of the facility by various methods assigned.
- Prepare and label product for shipment per work instructions.
- Pick product from location per procedure.
- Stage product for incorporation on conveyor; or remove from conveyor and process for shipment by following prescribed processes and procedures.
- Once proper training has been completed and certification has been granted, operate all powered lift and material handling equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Cooperate with all peers to establish and maintain a high level of morale with the facility and throughout the company by promoting a teamwork environment.
- Cooperate and encourage all peers in support of their efforts and assist where appropriate in the accomplishment of their goals.
- Maintain clean work station and promote safe housekeeping in all assigned work areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities:
- Within the assigned training period, must be meeting all qualifications of productivity, quality and attendance criteria per facility policy.
- Computer knowledge preferred.
- Powered lift truck experience preferred.
- Must possess the capability and desire to perform all required functions in an accurate and timely manner.
- Possess excellent English verbal and written communication skills (including the ability to clearly listen and hear) both in person and on electronic and/or telephonic equipment.
- Must be able to take directives from others.
- Must have excellent sight, hearing, written and verbal communication skills both in person and on the telephone, along with the eye, hand and body coordination necessary to efficiently operate or repair any assigned equipment.
- Must be able to lift 70 pounds, walk from location to location, sit, stand, lift, bend, stoop, push, pull, reach and/or climb.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
1. Stand, bend, stoop, push, pull, reach, climb, and walk on concrete floors throughout the workday.
2. Use hands to handle, finger, feel, or control objects; including keyboards and hand-held scanning equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include:
1. Close vision
2. Distance vision
3. Peripheral vision
4. Ability to adjust focus
5. Ability to utilize a CRT screen
- The noise level in the work environment can be high based on equipment and conveyor utilization.
Leviton offers comprehensive benefits beginning the first day of the month after your hire date and a competitive entry level salary of $13.00-13.25 per hour.
Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.