Technician, Industrial Electronics
in Morganton, NC - US
This position is responsible for installation, troubleshooting, repair, and assisting in the development of electrical equipment in the manufacturing facility.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve complex electrical and electronic equipment issues
- Install electrical and electronic equipment, including but not limited to, wiring, pneumatics, component wiring and programming
- Specify components that will be used on the equipment
- Develop and utilizes electrical schematics, PLC programs, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics and plans sequence of operations
- Program control systems to support modifications and improvements
- Utilize various measuring devices and testing equipment to diagnose and resolve electrical and electronic issues, and makes decisions regarding problem diagnosis and resolution
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum two-year college degree in Electrical or Electronics Technology or related field
- 3 to 5 years of experience in industrial electrical/electronics
- Experience working with servo motion controls and vision systems
- Must have the ability to utilize PC based software to diagnose components on automated machinery
- Must have the ability to read electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic blueprints and schematics
- Must be self-motivated and able to take direction and apply it to the task at hand
- Must be team oriented and able to work with fellow technicians as well as production employees
- Must have a working knowledge of the following: PLC Controls (Allen Bradly, and Mitsubishi preferred), Pneumatics, Electrical AC and DC Circuitry, Servo Drives and Controllers, Sensors (Inductive, Capacitive, Photo Electric)
- Must have a working knowledge of multimeters, soldering irons, drills, wire strippers, and crimping tools
- Knowledge of NEC codes is preferred
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position including: standing, walking, sitting, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, grasping, feeling and eye/hand/foot coordination. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May require up to 1%
- Monday - Friday 6:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.