Senior Engineer, Embedded Software
in Tualatin, OR - US
Responsible for research, development, and application of software/hardware as it relates to new and existing products. As required, this position may encompass the following steps of the product life cycle: specification, design, implementation, testing, release, and manufacturing support. The Senior Embedded Software Engineer will work under minimal supervision.
- Research and develop new parts and products to be useful for the company.
- Work with Product Management in the various stages of product development, as required:
a. Research new parts and technologies.
b. Develop technical specifications for products.
c. Develop electrical specification for products.
d. Develop software specification for products.
e. Develop test specification for products.
f. Assist with development of an operations manual, if applicable.
g. Design & Develop electrical assemblies for products according to the electrical specification.
h. Design & Develop of software for electrical assemblies for products according to the technical, software, and test specifications.
- Work with Document Control to create a document package that completely specifies the design and implementation of a product.
- Work with Purchasing and Manufacturing to handle continuing engineering on existing products and processes as requested through the Engineering Change Request (ECR) program.
- Develop application systems. This include preparing requirement specifications, analysis, design, coding, implementation and test components of application as assigned and according to defined application requirements.
- Write efficient code for complex programming assignments.
- Develop comprehensive test data, conduct independent unit tests and assist in system testing and documentation.
- Prepare Statements of Work, Project Plans, and follow through with problem in a timely manner.
- Assist in development of product manuals.
- Ensure Leviton ISO Standard and policies are adhered to.
- Inform management on a regular basis on the status of assigned projects and activities.
- Stay current on latest technologies as it relates to Software Development.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent technical documentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills and organizational skills with a keen focus to detail.
Education & Experience:
- B.S or Master’s degree in Electrical, Computer Science or other Engineering related field.
- Minimum 10 years embedded hardware and software engineering, design, and development experience.
- Familiarity with industry practices and tools in the implementation of embedded hardware and software technology.
- Understanding of electrical safety.
- Experience in wireless protocols (i.e. ZigBee, BLE, Wi-Fi) is preferred.
- 8+ years proficiency in developing embedded products using C or C++
- Experience in designing firmware using 16/32 microcontrollers and ARM processors
- Experience in designing firmware for CAN, BLE, UART, SPI, I2C or other related communication protocols.
- Ability to work through low level hardware issues and board bring up
- Understanding of RTOS concepts and expertise in designing event driven real time firmware
Travel: Up to 5%
Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.