Senior Engineer, Electrical
in Bothell, WA - US
Design, develops and tests all aspects of most complex electrical components, equipment, products, machinery and/or systems. Familiar with advanced concepts, practices and procedures within Electrical Engineering and applies them to accomplish goals. The Sr. Engineer acts as a mentor and guide to less experienced Engineers, has a wide degree of creativity and latitude and works on multiple projects and complicated tasks.
- Confer with engineering team, customers, and others to discuss existing or potential engineering projects and products.
- Lead manufacturing, installation, maintenance, support, documentation, and testing activities of more complicated projects to ensure compliance with specifications, codes, and requirements.
- Design, implement, maintain, and improve electrical components, equipment, products, machinery and/or systems.
- Trains and provides instructions/guidance to less experienced Engineers.
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards
- Develops and maintains Engineering (design and testing) documentation per ISO standards that support the business unit quality system.
- Designs, develops and incorporates new technology into communications components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial and residential purposes as they relate to business unit business
- Selects and/or designs and helps to assemble test control apparatus and equipment, and determines methods, procedures, and conditions for electrical/electronic testing of designs and products to verify and validate that they meet product definitions. Maintains and upgrades the Development Engineering test laboratory as required to support new product designs and test procedures.Works with Applications Engineering to develop applications of new communications cabling system devices and products for commercial, residential, and industrial uses.
- Represents the business unit at EIA/TIA and other standards organizations meetings to develop currency in latest standards and test procedures which may affect our business
- Additional duties as assigned
Skills & Abilities:
- Substantial knowledge of Electrical/Electronics concepts, analog & digital design, solid understanding of the properties of discreet semiconductors, RF theory.
- Extensive hardware and firmware design experience.Outstanding project management competencies.
- Proven experience in electrical design, schematic capture.
- Works with PCB designer & technicians to prototypes PWAs and prove competencies.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree (BSEE) or equivalent from four-year college
- Minimum 8 years experience
Travel: Up to 10%
Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.