Location: Mid-Atlantic - (Baltimore-DC)
Reporting to: Vice President, Network Solutions Sales
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible to maximize the business opportunity for Leviton Network Solutions in the region. This position is directly responsible for hiring, training and the supervision of the Manufacturer Representative/salespeople in the region and . The primary focus is to increase market penetration and profitably grow data communications products.The job is regionally based in the Mid-Atlantic - (Baltimore-DC)
1. Develop a comprehensive annual sales and marketing plan for the region and manage its successful implementation through the year. Action plan should focus on successful achievement of the region revenue objective.
2. Total sales responsibility for a region; coordinate and direct both Rep and Direct sales resources effectively.
3. Effectively manage Manufacturer Representatives and ensure they meet or exceed annual targets.
4. Acquire and maintain a complete knowledge of all competitive conditions, not only as it relates to pricing but new product development, promotions, changes in manpower and distribution by our major competitors.
5. Effectively manage project sales through a complex channel of distributors, contractors, consultants, and end users.
6. Direct and oversee the Leviton Strategic Partner Program for contractors and installers.
7. Target and direct all sales activity for key end users and data centers in the region.
Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to manage a multistate sales territory and meet revenue targets
· Must have strong sales and sales management capabilities
· Strong communication and motivational skills
· Must understand datacom distribution channels and the structured cabling industry
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree, either technical or business, preferred
· Successful candidate must have BICSI RCDD Designation or be willing to attain the designation
· Minimum of 10 years sales and sales management experience in Structured Cabling Industry, with a record of achieving sales goals
· High degree of travel – 50- 75%
Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.