Regional Sales Manager I
in Portland, OR - US
Develop, implement, and recommend sales strategies for the assigned region (Pacific Northwest). This position will manage an agent sales team focused on creating demand through specifications for assigned Leviton Lighting products albeit Intense, Birchwood, Contech, and Intellect Brand. By increasing market penetration, improving product mix of strategic products to drive profitable growth, and achieving the region’s sales goals, the ideal candidate for this position will serve as a sales team manager and as an integral dimension of managing strategic key customers. Leveraging key relationships through architects, engineers, lighting designers, agents, distributors, and contractors are critical to secure the pull through necessary to driver performance through the assigned specification and commercial channel value chain.
- Determine and implement the region’s sales strategy, within the context of Leviton’s broader business strategy (Integration and Intelligence)Develop a comprehensive sales plan for the assigned region focusing on achievement of region sales objectives
- Manage, coach and mentor a team of employee sales reps, sales specialists, and/or agent sales reps to effectively execute the region’s sales strategy
- Conduct field visits to assist the sales team and drive demand for Leviton products (field visits should account for 60% of RSM work time)
- Provide sales and technical coaching to the sales team to ensure that sales individuals have requisite skills to achieve sales goals
- Manage the region’s budget and assist in determining ideal sales territory size to achieve maximum profitability and sales
- Coordinate the use of internal Leviton resources to develop key business opportunities
- Establish the region’s stock and price levels with respect to Leviton product
- Ensure Leviton representation at industry trade shows and other similar events
- Manage the region’s sales force recruiting and onboarding processes (hire, direct, train, motivate, and supervise sales individuals within region)
- Use Salesforce CRM to manage sales pipeline opportunities to close
Education & Experience:
- BS or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience selling specification lighting luminaires and controls products through agents and distribution.
- Prior experience as a Regional/District Sales Manager preferred
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated strong leadership, relationship-building, and relationship management skills
- Team player is a must and ability to work in a rapid paced and changing environment.
- Outstanding oral, written and verbal communication/presentation skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software is required, specifically: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- High level of comfort in communicating with every level of an organization from top level executives to field personnel
- Strong business acumen and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Financially competent with respect to managing the region’s budget and analysis of region performance
- Demonstrated success as a member of the Leviton sales force or sales force in an equally complex industry
- 50 – 60%
Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status