in Bothell, WA - US
This position develops Quality Assurance Procedures (QAPs), reviews and approves drawings, and ensures the product developed meets customer expectations through the development and execution of process / product validation plans. Evaluates product and process change requests to ensure product quality is not compromised. Member of new product development teams & Process. Promotes the company Quality Policy throughout the organization.
- Maintains / enhances the ISO 9000 Quality System, develops procedures and forms, performs failure analysis, dispositions product, resolves quality issues and develops corrective actions.
- Develops procedures and forms, performs failure analysis, dispositions product, resolves quality issues and develops corrective actions. Revises processes and procedures to help evolve the Quality System.
- Provides support for existing products. This involves the disposition of problem reports, working with suppliers, evaluation of customer complaints, review and approval of drawing changes, and development of QAPs.
- Research non-conforming material, reviewing dock-to-stock status and adjusting as required, initiating product recalls when necessary, and leading meetings.
- Provides technical expertise in root cause analysis and development of corrective actions to Quality problems where little precedence has been established and innovative solutions may be required.
- Uses statistical techniques such as DOE, SPC, Gage R&R, capability studies and Six Sigma to improve designs, analyze problems and monitor processes.
- Performs Internal Quality Audits and in-process and receiving inspection as required.
- Generates reports summarizing test results, and trend analysis of data.
- Performs in-house calibration of tools.
- Performs Design Validation Inspections and First Article Inspections using the appropriate tools and equipment including, but not limited to Vernier Calipers, Micrometers, Gauge Blocks, Pin Gauges, Coordinate Measurement Machine, X-Rite Color Analyzer, and documents the results.
Skills & Abilities:
- Must have the ability to use Microsoft Office Suite for Windows on IBM or compatible personal computer.
- Significant related experience and/or training may be substituted for college education (and vice-versa) at the discretion of the hiring manager.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference; perform statistical and graphical analysis of data.
- Initiative and self-direction in planning, organizing, documenting and solving problems
- Ability to read and interpret engineering piece part and assembly drawings and specifications.
- Ability to create and interpret graphs and charts.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and/or engineers
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field from an accredited college or university required
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a Quality Engineer role required (ISO 9000 environment preferred).
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE), Reliability Engineer (CRE), or Six-Sigma Black Belt (SSBB) preferred.
Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.