in Melville, NY - US
This position is responsible for maintaining and processing the weekly and bi-weekly payrolls, including balancing and reconciling all payroll figures. The position is also responsible for maintenance of the payroll records and reconciliation of all payroll related general ledger accounts.
- Process and verify the weekly and bi-weekly branch payrolls, including entering any exceptions such as overtime, personal time, sick time, vacation time, etc.
- Prepare a weekly control worksheet by location, calculating the new gross YTD payroll using beginning gross, new hire gross, gross salary increases, termination gross, etc.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the different facilities to get the data required and signed off in order to process payroll
- Balance the total YTD payroll figures calculated on the control worksheet to both the Employee File Maintenance Report and the Payroll Balance Sheet reports
- Once balanced, submit the request for checks to be run and the direct deposit data to be generated
- Balance direct deposit payroll data and release to bank via phone
- Prepare wire transfer request forms for all payrolls and for the 401(k) transfer
- Balance all garnishments and issue checks to appropriate agencies
- Prepare verifications of employment for employee credit applications, mortgages, etc.
- Answer payroll inquiries from a variety of sources including employees, management, banks, governmental agencies etc.
Provide backup support to:
- Enter, process and verify quarterly and year end incentive and holiday bonus’ through the payroll system
- Balance and verify 401(k) data for all payrolls, including random spot checking of company match amounts
- Verify 401(k) figures with the 401(k) fund administrators/record-keepers
Education & Experience:
- High School graduate
- Minimum 1 year payroll experience
Skills & Abilities:
- Must be detail oriented and exhibit extreme discretion in keeping all information confidential
- Must posses a working knowledge of QuickBooks, PeopleSoft and Kronos preferred
- Must have a working knowledge of Excel applications
Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.