Payroll Coordinator (Part-Time)
in Melville, NY - US
Are you an experienced Payroll professional looking for a part-time position? If so, come join our team!
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for processing the weekly and bi-weekly payrolls, including balancing and reconciling all payroll figures. The position is also responsible for maintenance of the payroll records. The primary responsibilities for this position are centered around data entry tasks.
- Process and verify the weekly and bi-weekly branch payrolls, including entering any exceptions such as overtime, personal time, sick time, vacation time, etc.
- Prepare a weekly control worksheet by location, calculating the new gross YTD payroll using beginning gross, new hire gross, gross salary increases, termination gross, etc.
- Coordinate and collaborate with the different facilities to get the data required and signed off in order to process payroll
- Balance the total YTD payroll figures calculated on the control worksheet to both the Employee File Maintenance Report and the Payroll Balance Sheet reports
- Once balanced, submit the request for checks to be run and the direct deposit data to be generated
- Balance direct deposit payroll data and release to bank via phone
- Balance all garnishments and issue checks to appropriate agencies
- Prepare verifications of employment for employee credit applications, mortgages, etc.
- Answer payroll inquiries from a variety of sources including employees, management, banks, governmental agencies etc.
- Enter, process and verify quarterly and year end incentive and holiday bonus’ through the payroll system
- Balance and verify 401(k) data for all payrolls, including random spot checking of company match amounts
- Verify 401(k) figures with the 401(k) fund administrators/record-keepers
Education & Experience:
- High School graduate
- A minimum of 1 year payroll experience
Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient in PeopleSoft and Kronos preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must be detail oriented and exhibit extreme discretion in keeping all information confidential
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight weekly and bi-weekly deadlines
- Must be able to work 25 hours per week (part-time)
- Up to 10%
Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.