in Morganton, NC - US
This position is responsible for operating assigned equipment in an efficient, safe and clean manner to produce a quality product as scheduled. This position also involves performance of machine repair and maintenance as necessary and as instructed.
- Repair and maintain assigned machinery as instructed to support production goals
- Perform and document preventive maintenance in accordance with specified procedure
- Maintain daily mechanical logbook documenting repairs, problems and downtime
- Train support and mechanical personnel as necessary.
- Perform changeovers and set-ups to equipment as required
- Assure all assigned equipment is clean and all safety guarding is in place
- Perform all product and equipment inspections per QAP and related procedures
- Work closely with Quality Assurance to produce a quality product
- Report all safety concerns to supervision; Isolates all suspect production and promptly alerts QA or supervision
- Back-up Mechanic Operator position as necessary
- Support Lead Mechanic as instructed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess good mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position include standing, walking, sitting, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, grasping, feeling, and eye/hand/foot coordination.
- Must be able to lift up to 55 lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Must possess good mechanical aptitude.
- 12 hour shift Mon - Thurs 6:00 pm to 6:00 am
Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.