in Bloomingdale, IL - US
Provides Manufacturing Engineering support to ensure the timely production of quality, cost effective parts and assemblies. Perform continuous operational improvement that supports the goals and objectives of cost savings for the business unit including cost reduction and quality improvement activities.
1.Provide manufacturing support of fiber product testing and other engineering projects within the test area or other areas of manufacturing.
2.Develop and support test fixtures, equipment, procedures and software for manufacturing
3.Responsible for the transition of assigned products from development into production and assuring that manufacturing processes for product meet expectations regarding product cycle times, quality levels and costs.
4.Develop manufacturing processes for new products & validate the processes by performing PILOT runs.
5.Provide engineering assistance to production and manufacturing teams to solve problems related to the process.
6.Provide assembly support in technical matters relating to assembly drawings, interpretation, engineering change notices, rework manufacturing process
7.Contribute on new product teams to bring product to the market in a timely manner while assuring quality and manufacturability of process and product.
8.Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
9.Responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining Routings and Labor Standards.
10.Analyzes and recommends product design changes including packaging design for ease of manufacturing, cost reduction and quality improvement.
11.Support development of required documentation such as Method Sheet, operator training, demonstrating process capability and transitioning products from development to production.
12.Perform Cost/Benefit analyses for new and improved processes and/or products and cost reduction projects
Skills and Abilities:
• Must have the ability to use Microsoft Office Suite; ability to use Excel for cost analysis
• Ability to use personal computers for word processing, test result analysis and information retrieval, and network installation and maintenance
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Mechanical, Electrical, or Electronics required
• Previous engineering internship experience required
• Previous experience working in a manufacturing facility a plus
• Basic knowledge about commonly used installation test equipment such as spectrum and network analyzers, voltmeters, Category 5e/6 cable testers, Optical Switches, Optical Attenuators, Optical Power Meter, etc.) preferred
Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Third party recruiters and placement services need not apply.