Manager, Central Buying Team
in Melville, NY - US
This position is responsible for the buying and execution of purchase orders for direct and indirect materials that support the global businesses of Leviton. The primary purpose of this position is to lead the Central Buying Team (CBT) buyers, and to efficiently and effectively transact requisitions to purchase orders. In addition, the CBT leader will ensure that the buying activity is in alignment with the established global commodity strategies and that our supplier performance meets or exceed the needs of the organization in both on-time delivery and quantity. Direct scope responsibility includes residential, commercial & industrial Melville based business units.
- Provide oversight in transitioning the purchase requisitions into purchase orders in accordance with company policy and negotiated terms and conditions
- Manage the Central Buying Team Buyers in their day-to-day operations to drive supplier performance relative to cost, quality and delivery
- Maintain necessary procurement files (Oracle and hard copy)
- Revise (as needed) and follow all ISO procedures to ensure compliance
- Identify and develop appropriate training plans for the buying staff
- Liaison between purchasing and accounts payable to ensure accurate and timely payment to supplier for materials and services received.
- Lead and facilitate process to add / complete new purchased material data requirements in Oracle
- Align with the recommendations and strategy of the commodity managers for all parts
- Develop and consistently improve key departmental measures
- Review the requisitions being submitted to procurement to ensure that the quantity, price, and delivery are in accordance with the strategies developed and the needs of the organization. Also note that the correct authorization level is present.
- Maintain Leviton’s supplier scorecard getting input from other functions as necessary
- Meet with suppliers as required to discuss issues that need to be resolved.
- Assist (as needed) in miscellaneous projects (i.e. supplier portal creation and implementation, business intelligent tool creation and implementation, etc.) involving the buying function.
- Facilitate meetings with other functions to ensure timely disposition of materials and replacement purchase orders.
- Frequent review and investigation of stale purchase orders that may need to be closed for various reasons.
- Ability to escalate issues within both the supplier’s organization and Leviton’s organization in a professional way to achieve the needs (delivery, quantity, etc.) of Leviton’s assembly facilities.
Skills & Abilities:
- Must have strong technical and process knowledge relative to sourcing
- Must possess strong leadership, influential ability, professional presence and a solid thought process
- Must have a high sense of urgency and effective oral and written communication skills
- Must have demonstrated building organization capability
- Must be process oriented and provide strong results
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in business supply chain management, engineering or related field.
- Master’s in Business Administration or related field is preferable
- Certification in sourcing / purchasing management; ISM CPSM, CPIM a plus
- Minimum 5-10 years procurement experience. Low volume, high mix sourcing experience a plus.
- Experience and success working in a matrix environment.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Oracle ERP experience preferred
- Experience maintaining positive supplier relationships
Travel:Up to 10%
Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.