Maintenance Technician I
in Morganton, NC - US
This position is responsible for repairing, adjusting, and/or maintaining industrial production and processing machinery in a safe, clean and efficient manner.
- Repairs or maintains the operating condition of industrial production or processing machinery or equipment
- Repairs or replaces broken or malfunctioning components of machinery or equipment
- Disassembles machinery or equipment to remove parts and make repairs
- Observes and tests the operation of machinery or equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using voltmeters or other testing devices
- Reassembles equipment after completion of inspections, testing, or repairs
- Cleans, lubricates, or adjusts parts, equipment, or machinery
- Examines parts for defects, such as breakage or excessive wear
- Records repairs and maintenance performed
- Performs changeovers and set-ups to equipment as required
- Assures all assigned equipment is clean and all safety guarding is in place
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required
- 3 years technical experience required; manufacturing environment, preferred
Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance, required
- Basic computer skills, required
- Ability to communicate in verbal and written English
- This position may require minimal travel
- 12 hour shift 4x4 6:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.