in Tustin, CA - US
Under moderate supervision, this position will inspect incoming materials, components and purchased finished goods, audit the assembly line and verify the performance of assembled finished goods. This position will perform visual inspection, dimensional measurement, mechanical and/or electrical testing using the established Standard Inspection Plans (SIP) or Quality Assurance Procedures (QAP).
- Inspects incoming raw material, components and finished goods for conformance to requirements defined on drawings, Standard Inspection Plans, Quality Assurance Procedures or other documents.
- Assumes control of non-conforming product
- Prepares problem reports
- Performs line audits
- Prepares summary reports of inspection results
- Performs rework of defective product
- Conducts quality assurance filing of incoming documents
- Additional duties as assigned
- Initiates inspection and reviews test status
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to use caliper, micrometer, surface plate, height gage, and other QC Tools required
- Ability to use a PC with the Windows operating system, Microsoft Excel required
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings required
- Ability to communicate effectively in a technical and production environment required
- Ability to use colorimeter, barcode reader, CMM Vision System desired
- Ability to use Oracle desired
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma required
- Minimum three years Quality Control experience required
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
Work Hours: Fri-Sun, 5:00am - 5:30pm
Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.