Embedded Software Engineer II
in Tualatin, OR - US
This position is responsible for the research, development, and application of software/hardware as it relates to new and existing products. As required, this position may encompass the following steps of the product life cycle: specification, design, implementation, testing, release, and manufacturing support. The Embedded Software Engineer II works under moderate supervision.
- Research and develop new parts and products to be useful for the company.
- Work with Product Management in the various stages of product development, as required:
- Research new parts and technologies
- Develop technical specifications for products
- Develop electrical specification for products
- Develop software specification for products
- Develop test specification for products
- Assist with development of an operations manual, if applicable
- Design & develop electrical assemblies for products according to the electrical specification
- Design & develop of software for electrical assemblies for products according to the technical, software, and test specifications
- Work with Document Control to create a document package that completely specifies the design and implementation of a product.
- Work with Purchasing and Manufacturing to handle continuing engineering on existing products and processes as requested through the Engineering Change Request (ECR) program.
- Develop application systems. This includes preparing requirement specifications, analysis, design, coding, implementation and testing components of application as assigned, according to defined application requirements.
- Write efficient code for complex programming assignments.
- Develop comprehensive test data, conduct independent units tests and assist in system testing and documentation.
- Prepare Statements of Work, Project Plans, and follow through with problems in a timely manner.
Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent technical documentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with a keen focus to detail.
- Understanding of electrical safety.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Computer Science or other Engineering related field.
- Minimum 4 years experience in embedded hardware & software engineering, design & development.
- Familiarity with industry practices and tools in the implementation of embedded hardware and software technology
Additional Education & Experience
- 3+ years proficiency in developing embedded products using C or C++.
- Experience in designing firmware using 16/32 microcontrollers and ARM processors.
- Understanding of RTOS concepts and expertise in designing event driven real time firmware.
- Experience in designing firmware for CAN, BLE, UART, SPI, I2C or other communication protocols
- Must have the ability to work through low level hardware issues and board bring up.
- Experience in wireless protocols like BLE, ZigBee or WiFi is a plus.
- Experience in Java applications and drivers for embedded Linux or Android OS is a plus
Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.