Electrical Engineer II - Embedded Microcontroller Hardware and Firmware
in NEW ORLEANS, LA - US
Leviton has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical Engineer. This position offers you the opportunity to design and develop state-of-the-art products that offer great functionality and built-in intelligence including Personal Protection products, Lighting Controls, and Intelligent Wiring Devices. The ideal candidate will be motivated to succeed and eager to join our seasoned and dynamic team; contributing to the success of new products and innovations.
This position reports to the Electronics Engineering Manager and is responsible for product design and development, including discrete circuit design as well as microcontroller based designs.
Leviton professionals are committed to making a positive difference in the world by providing electrical solutions that bring safety, energy-savings and convenience to our customers. Our portfolio of over 25,000 products and 1000 patents are a testament to our engineers’ creativity, ingenuity and forward-thinking solutions. Be a part of Leviton, where the future is always ON.
- Mentor and coach colleagues to expand the effectiveness of those around you
- Develop product technical and test specifications with the development team
- Analog and Digital Circuit Design of MicroController Circuits
- Firmware Development for embedded microcontroller circuits (ARM M0+, M3/4, and Cortex A7)
- Experience with small signal design and analysis for sensor applications (Humidity, Temperature, Passive Infrared, Current Transformers, Rogowski Coil, Cap sense, Inductive Sense, etc) from DC to 20 MHz
- Digital communications such as I2C, SPI, UART, NFC, Bluetooth Low Energy, and 802.11 a/c
- Excellent Communication skills with all departments and disciplines
- Good understanding of System Design FMEA and Process FMEA
- Able to design and develop embedded microcontroller systems with limited expert guidance
- Awareness with agency requirements such as UL, FCC 15 Subpart B and standard hardware validation requirements (ESD, shielding)
- Awareness of IPC design and manufacturing guidelines (IPC2221 and IPC610)
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) or equivalent from four-year College required. Master of Science degree (MSEE) desirable
- Minimum 5 years experience required
Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.