in Melville, NY - US
Under limited supervision from the Manager, Demand Planning, this position is responsible for executing all aspects of finished goods demand planning. The key responsibilities involve executing proper demand planning strategies as established by management to work with the inventory supply strategy. Responsibilities include working directly with sales, business units, customers and supply planning to execute agreed upon demand planning programs as appropriate for the strategies, goals and objectives
- Serve as the primary contact between Supply Chain Planning and assigned Business Unit for all day to day forecast and safety stock issues.
- Lead projects related to inventory strategy across product families, and item transitions.
- Drive forecasts accuracy improvements through root cause analysis, collaboration and process improvements.
- Identify and resolve variances between demand and forecast, report out forecast accuracy measures.
- Run Demand Plan consensus meetings with Sales, Product Management and Marketing to insure that Promotions, New Product Introduction and other Market trends are accurately planned.
- Integrate customer requirements with the demand plan.
- Manage demand plan on phase out / phase in items, suggest cutover dates that minimize inventory exposure and maintain service levels during transitions.
Skills & Abilities:
- Must be creative, resourceful, able to think independently
- Must have experience in leading teams and project management
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to deal with multiple priorities within tight deadlines
- Must have advanced knowledge of Windows based PC packages (specifically spreadsheet, database and word processing programs)
Education & Experience:
- Must have a Bachelors Degree in Supply Chain, Business, or related field
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a supply chain environment is required
- Must have industry Certification (APICS, IBF, CPDF)
Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.