Customer Service Representative
in Bothell, WA - US
Reporting to the Manager of Customer Service, this position is responsible for effective handling of requests and inquiries from customers and sales force pertaining to customer orders, quotation and entry, claims, stock availability, shipping specifications and product information to ensure customer satisfaction. May handle more complex issues requiring additional research and follow up. This position ensures the timely processing of customer orders through various forms of communication in an effort to exceed customer expectations.
- Responsible for the handling of customer orders, returns, requests, suggestions, complaints and credit support processing.
- Processes invoices, enters orders and confirms orders via fax, email or phone.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate daily shipment processing, product scheduling and shipment confirmations.
- Responsible for investigating and responding to complex customer service issues concerning stock availability, order expediting, pricing, special items, as well as preferred carriers, special packaging and shipping criteria.
- Establishes and maintains cordial customer relations through telephone contact.
- Interacts with various departments such as Supply Chain Planning, Quality Assurance, Distribution, Marketing, Logistics, etc., to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Issues, monitors and researches service level reports (i.e. turn-around time and fill rates).
- Maintains pricing agreements for the designated business unit.
- Responsible for effective handling of special projects i.e. new account set-up, maintenance, marketing programs, special processes (short term) and new product lines.
- May oversee and analyze service levels and lead times to ensure all requirements are met.
- Enhance customer relations through account visits and trade show participation.
- Responsible for training and mentoring other employees.
Skills & Abilities:
- PC literate, with a knowledge of Excel and Word.
- A proven ability to maintain cordial customer relations.
- Professional oral/written communication and outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to perform various functions within the department.
Education & Experience:
- High school degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of customer service experience.
Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.