in Tualatin, OR - US
The Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for timely procurement of a broad range of materials and parts (domestic and foreign) for non-production materials, services and/or equipment in an efficient and cost effective manner, maintaining quality standards at all times. This position works under supervision.
- Processes purchase requisitions into appropriate purchase orders and works directly with suppliers to receive materials, services and/or equipment.
- Maintains quality of work to ensure proper accounting transactions, such as approvals and invoice payments. Works to resolve invoicing issues as needed for effective payment in the company’s best interest.
- Oversees the Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) process, including training associates on requisition, purchase order placement and invoice practices as needed.
- Works to ensure timely delivery of products and services with internal departments and suppliers to support the overall business needs.
- Can be counted on to support other materials functions as needed to ensure production requirements are met.
Education and Experience:
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees and suppliers in a manner that facilitates positive relationships and supports positive results.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, and suppliers.
- Must have the ability to learn new skills and practices to develop in the role and improve business efficiency.
- Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
- Minimum 1 year related experience and/or training in purchasing or related Material Requirements Planning (MRP) activity
- Associate degree preferred
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Microsoft Excel/Word knowledge required
- Knowledge and experience with invoicing and the procure to pay process is preferred
- Oracle knowledge preferred
- Not Required
Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.