in Tustin, CA - US
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, this position is responsible for serving as the authorized agent for the purchase, through contractual commitment and within the scope of responsibility of their assigned products, goods and services.
- Create accurate Purchase Orders based upon approved requisitions
- Place orders and confirm order acceptance
- Expedite orders for plants and requisitioners
- Ensure timely addressing of payment holds through communication with Vendors, Plants and AP (Accounts Payable) staff
- Ensure Leviton Quality standards are maintained at all times
- Ensure Quality programs exist at all major suppliers
- Address Quality issues with vendors to ensure quality meets or exceeds quality requirements and corrective action is implemented immediately upon notification of any failure.
- Negotiate with vendors on proposals, purchase agreements and contracts with Management Supervision as required
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) needed to work with various contacts within and outside the organization
- Proficient in the standard Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word and Powerpoint) is mandatory
Education & Experience:
- Minimum Bachelors Degree
Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.