Assembler - Multiple Shifts
in Bloomingdale, IL - US
Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for producing products and components by assembling parts and subassemblies; Prepares work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and/or visual factory.
1. Executes assembly sequence duties consistently meeting productivity and quality expectations
2. Monitors and reports regarding product quality and equipment findings to ensure production and quality standards are met
3. Assemble parts according to work instruction, verbal instruction, drawings, and/or diagrams
4. Positions parts and subassemblies by using templates or reading measurements
5. Assembles components by examining connections for correct fit; fastening parts and subassemblies.
6. Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
7. Serves as technical expert within the production work cell and trained cross functionally in all aspects of production.
8. Responsible for training of employees and contract workers within the assigned work cell
9. Interacts and facilitates conversations with engineering staff
10. May serve as quality designate in a work cell
11. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with safety procedures, rules, and regulations
12. Additional duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written format
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to demonstrate flexibility
• Ability to work independently and to make discretionary decisions
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
• Understanding of basic math skills – adding, subtracting and measuring
Education and Experience:
• High School education or GED preferred
• Minimum two years’ experience working in a production environment
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus and distinguish between colors.
Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Third party recruiters and placement services need not apply.