in LONG BEACH, CA - US
This position is responsible for supporting the operational and analytical reporting needs of the Import/Export and Trade Compliance departments. Additional responsibility includes working on special projects to improve shipment visibility, shipment tracking, customs entry process, document retention and organization, communication with internal and external parties, and process automation throughout the international logistics and customs compliance areas for the Leviton organization and its subsidiaries.
- Develop, support and maintain operational and analytical reports from a variety of resources as specific to department or organizational needs
- Assist with projects that will automate the shipment tracking and improve visibility for all international shipments for the organization and its subsidiaries
- Support the day to day import/export and Customs requirements for Intense Lighting providing end to end service for their international logistics needs which includes ABI data entry, document preparation, email distribution, agent/broker communication, delivery follow-up, handling of broker invoices, and shipment updates
- Assist with project to automate the Customs entry filing. Analyze various system requirements and processes involving ISF, ABI, PO management and old Import Export System
- Attend training on the US Customs ACE web portal and establish oneself as the resident ACE expert
- Assist with Import/Export and Trade Compliance ad-hoc analysis and other projects as needed
- Represent Long Beach team as document custodian and ensure compliance with corporate document retention policy
Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient with databases – queries, joins and data management methods.
- Proficient with MS office
- Must be detail oriented and able to support multiple projects and / or business functions
- Must be able to work in a team setting and interact with multiple levels and functions within the organization and business partners
- Ability to communicate, write and read in the English language
- Ability to learn and apply all aspects of international transportation
- General familiarity with international shipping documents (commercial invoice, packing lists, house bill of ladings, master bill of ladings) and U.S. Customs entries forms
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred with related Internship experience in International Logistics.
- Logistics knowledge preferred
- Experience working with web portals and web based report writers
- Less than 5% domestic
Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.